Every one of us wants to stay fit and healthy. We must put some effort into fulfilling our wish to keep ourselves fit and healthy. A healthy body makes a healthy mind. If you are healthy, you can think better, and perform well. A healthy body is a dream of everyone. If you want to live happy you will have to stay fit and healthy. Because if you are healthy, you can spend your life very happily. A healthy body has very few chances to stay ill. A healthy person lives his life energetically and full of passion. Health is wealth. You can enjoy each and every moment of your life if you are healthy and physically fit.
So, it is necessary to keep yourself healthy if you want to enjoy your life instead of spending it. There are many things you need to encounter to stay fit and healthy. For example, exercise, a good and balanced diet, physical activities on regular basis, a perfect quantity of intake of water, amount of minerals, vitamins, fiber, and proteins that your body requires. All these things play an essential role to keep you healthy and keep you away from doctors and diseases. Vitamins play a very important role to keep you physically fit. Like all other minerals and nutrients, an amount of vitamins is also required for a healthy body.
In this article, we will know about the importance of Vitamin A for a healthy and fit life. So, keep reading to know about the benefits of Vitamin A and also how to overcome its deficiency.
Each vitamin has its own importance. Vitamin A is also known as retinol. Vitamin A has many important functions. The most important of which is to make strong the immune system. Vitamin A helps naturally to defend your body against diseases, illnesses, and infections. It gives you good vision even in dim light. Keep your skin and nose healthy.
Best Source of Vitamin A:
Vitamin A is necessary for the body and physical health. You can get it naturally from your daily diet. we are blessed with the best foods that are full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and proteins. By only focusing on your diet, you can get all the basic nutrients your body needs to stay fit and healthy. Here is the list of food that are rich in vitamin A. Vitamin A is found in animal-sourced food like fish, liver, cheese and butter.
- Beef Liver
- Lamb Liver
- Liver Sausage
- Cod Liver Oil
- King Mackerel
- Bluefin Tuna
- Goose Liver Pate
- Goat Cheese
- Limburger Cheese
- Roquefort Cheese
- Hard-boiled egg
- Blue Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Feta Cheese
Vitamin A Content of Various Foods:
|Food||Mcg RAE per serving||Percent DV|
|Bee Liver, pan-fried, 3 ounces||6582||731|
|sweet potato, baked in skin, I whole||1403||156|
|Spinach, frozen, boiled, half cup||573||64|
|Pumpkin pie, commercially prepared, 1 piece||488||54|
Symptoms of Vitamin A Deficiency:
Vitamin A is very important for the health of your body. Vitamin A deficiency causes many disorders in your body. Here are some symptoms of Vitamin A deficiency.
- Night blindness: Vitamin A deficiency affects your eyesight. It causes you to have trouble seeing in dim light. Gradually it converts into complete night blindness.
- Xerophthalmia: In case of extreme deficiency of Vitamin A, your eyes become crusted and dry. It may damage the cornea and retina.
- Infection: A person with a Vitamin A deficiency can face more health issues as he will not be able to fight infections that cause serious health problems.
- Bitot spots: In this condition, spots appear in the eyes. These spots cause hazy vision.
- Skin Irritation: Vitamin A deficiency cause skin problems like skin dryness, itching, and scaling.
- Keratomalacia: This condition happens when you are facing Vitamin A deficiency. This is an eye disorder involving drying and clouding of the cornea, the clear layer in front of the iris and pupil.
- Stunted Growth: Having not enough Vitamin A causes delay growth in children. Children may experience slow bone growth or stunted growth.
- Fertility: A deficiency in Vitamin A cause may be challenging while trying to conceive a child. In some cases, it results in infertility.
Benefits of Vitamin A:
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in many foods. Vitamin A has many benefits for a healthy body. Vitamin A is important for normal vision, the immune system, reproduction and growth, and development. Vitamin A is also helpful for the perfect working of heart, lungs, and other organs.
- Why is Vitamin A important?
- What are the symptoms of deficiency of Vitamin A?
- What are the benefits of Vitamin A?
- Is Vitamin A important to conceive a baby?
- How to overcome Vitamin A deficiency?