Everyone wants to be fit, healthy and beautiful. Health is wealth. If you are healthy you can perform your daily tasks with full of energy and perfectly. Health matters a lot for all living beings. A healthy body can live a healthy life. To stay fit and healthy, exercise is also necessary along with a perfect healthy diet. A healthy body can live a perfect happy life. Fitness and health depend on balanced life and exercise. A balanced diet includes vitamins, minerals, nutrients and proteins. Diet plays an important role in fitness. Along with diet, nutrients like calcium and iron are essential part of health and fitness. In case of deficiency of iron or calcium you can never stay fit. In this article we will focus on the causes of calcium deficiency. The reader will also learn how to improve calcium deficiency naturally. Also we will know what are the best sources of calcium.
What is Calcium
Calcium is a very important nutrient. It is an essential part of health for all living organisms including human beings. Calcium is energetic and essential for bone health. Strong bones preserve you from many diseases. So, to keep your bones strong and long-lasting, you should keep your calcium level at normal. 99% of the human body’s calcium exists in bones and teeth. It is the richest mineral in the body. Let’s see what are the best sources of calcium?
Symptoms of Calcium Deficiency
Hypocalcemia is the condition when we face calcium deficiency. Hypocalcemia is a disease. People who do not have the desired amount of calcium, face this disease. Some of the primary symptoms of include irritability, seizures, lethargy, tremors, jitters and muscle twitching. Some of the major symptoms of calcium deficiency are,
- Chest pain
- Numbness in fingers and toes
- Muscle cramps
- Brittle nails
- Tooth decay
- Dry skin
Causes of Calcium Deficiency
There are many factors that cause calcium deficiency. Calcium deficiency may cause many diseases. Why we face calcium deficiency, here under are some reasons:
- Lack of calcium intake from the early age may cause calcium deficiency. As a result, you will face pain in your bones.
- Use of medicines that may decrease calcium absorption.
- Another major reason of calcium deficiency is intolerance of food items that are rich in calcium.
- Due to hormonal changes, especially in women
- Due to some genetic factors
Best Source of Calcium
Calcium is a nutrient that your body needs to perform many basic functions. We have a variety of foods that contain calcium naturally. Here under are the food items that are naturally the best source of calcium.
- Dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheese are rich with calcium. Dairy products are tend to be the best absorbs of calcium.
- Canned salmon
- Flour Tortillas
- Canned baked beans
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Calcium fortified foods
All the above-mentioned food items are the significant source of calcium. It will surely help to improve your calcium deficiency.
Daily intake of Calcium recommended
Calcium is required for everyone. There is an age-wise difference in the intake of calcium on daily basis. Here is the schedule.
- Babies up to 6 months (about 1000 mg of calcium per day)
- Infants between 7 to 12 months (1500 mg of calcium per day)
- Children between 1 year (2500 mg of calcium per day)
- 9 to 18 years (3000 mg of calcium per day)
- 19 to 50 years (2500 mg of calcium per day)
- 51 years and beyond (2000 mg of calcium per day)
- What is calcium?
- What can calcium do for your body?
- What are the best natural sources of calcium?
- What causes calcium deficiency in the human body?
- What is the very common symptom of calcium deficiency?
- How much amount of calcium is recommended for different age groups?