Pregnancy is a blessing for a married woman. It is a dream of every woman to have a baby. During pregnancy woman faces a lot of problems, which she accepts very happily because then she only wanted to be a mother and it becomes apriority for her. During pregnancy a woman faces the following problems normally.
- High blood pressure
- Gestational diabetes
- Preterm labor
- Depression and anxiety
- Pregnancy lose/ Miscarriage
- Other complications
- Weight gain
All above mentioned issues are normal during pregnancy.
In this article our main purpose is to cover all the basic problems faced by a woman during and after pregnancy. We will enlighten the above-mentioned problems one by one.
High Blood Pressure
Normally a woman faces a high blood pressure during pregnancy. The reason behind is the tension and anxiety of delivery. Woman who has long-standing hypertension can also get preeclampsia. Preeclampsia occurs in about 1 out of 25 pregnancies in the United States.
Pregnant women develop gestational diabetes when they can’t take enough insulin during late pregnancy. Being overweight or corpulent is linked to gestational diabetes in pregnant women. Fatty and overweight women may also have insulin resistance when they got pregnant. Gaining too much weight during pregnancy may also be a factor of gestational diabetes.
Some common infections may occur in women during pregnancy. These common infections are, the flu, vaginal yeast infections, uterine infections, group B streptococcus, bacterial vaginosis and listeria. Changes in immune system in pregnant women may increase the risk of these normal infections. These infections should not be left ignorant or untreated. Ignorant attitude may lead to serious complications.
A woman who previously had normal blood pressure before pregnancy suddenly develops high blood pressure and this condition is called preeclampsia. It causes protein in the urine or other problems after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Preeclampsia occurs in about 1 out of 25 pregnancies in the United States.
When regular contractions result in the opening of cervix after week 20 and before week 37 of pregnancy, preterm labor occurs. Preterm labor causes premature birth and it is very dangerous for the health of baby. In this case the survival rate of baby’s life decreases. Many preemies or premature babies need special care in the neonatal intensive care unit. There are also the chances to increase the rate of mental or physical disabilities in preemies (premature babies).
Here are some main causes of preterm labor:
- Frequent sensations of abdominal tightening (contractions)
- Constant backache
- A sensation of lower abdominal pressure
- Abdominal cramps
- Vaginal spotting or light bleeding
- Preterm fissure of membranes — in a gush or a continuous trickle of fluid after the membrane around the baby breaks or tears
- A change in type of vaginal discharge — watery, mucus-like or bloody
Depression and Anxiety:
Depression is anyone’s fault. It’s a medical condition that needs to be treated to get better. Sometimes it is inherited. Anxiety and depression are not a good thing for a healthy body but it is a severe condition for a woman if she is pregnant. If someone is having depression and anxiety issues during pregnancy, it means the woman is at risk as well as her baby. A main reason of having depression is to have a stressful family relations and backgrounds. Untreated anxiety and depression may cause a serious issue for the new born and for the mother as well. Counseling is the only solution to get rid of depression and anxiety during pregnancy. A woman can also take antidepression medicines to overcome this depression and anxiety but for a pregnant woman it is quite dangerous to take this type of pills as during pregnancy she already faces sensitive health conditions.
An unexpected ending of a pregnancy is called pregnancy lose or miscarriage. It is always unexpected. We may also call miscarriage, a spontaneous abortion. Mostly miscarriage occurs within first three months of pregnancy, before 20 weeks’ gestation. There are only 1% chances of miscarriage after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Studies and surveys show that there are 12 to 15% chances of miscarriage for the people at the age of 20s. This rate increases up to 25% for the people at the age of 40. About half of the miscarriages are caused by chromosomal abnormalities.
Here under are some main causes for miscarriage which needs to be treated timely to get rid of this issue.
- Submission to environmental and workplace hazards such as high levels of radiation or toxic agents.
- Hormonal irregularities.
- Improper embolization of fertilized egg in the uterine lining.
- Maternal age.
- Uterine abnormalities.
- Incompetent cervix.
All above mentioned issues are the main causes of mishap of miscarriage. A mother and a new born’s health go hand in hand. So, all these issues should be treated well for the survival of both.
Stillbirth means the birth of a dead one. It is a great mishap for a pregnant woman. After the painful time period of nine months, it is very stressful condition and obviously very hard to understand for a pregnant woman to give birth to a dead child. It destroys the woman’s mind as well as her health.
How to regain the fitness after pregnancy?
During pregnancy a woman faces many physical problems but during that time period it is quite difficult to regain that fitness again. After pregnancy a woman normally again suffers a lot to regain her physical beauty. The most important change in woman’s physique is her weight. During pregnancy a woman surely gain a huge amount of weight. And it is obviously a dream of every woman to maintain her figure beautiful and attractive.
How to regain a beautiful figure after pregnancy?
It becomes a challenge for every mother to shed the pounds after giving birth of her child. Most of the women specially working women take it very seriously and challenging. In this manner a healthy diet and also exercise help a lot to shed the pounds which a woman gains during pregnancy. Exercise helps to lose fat instead of muscles. First of all, it is most necessary to make up your mind to lose weight. Willing power is essential. Once you make your mind to lose weight, eat little less and increase the movement each day. It may be turn you to a very hard routine to loss weight.
Here are some major points which will surely help you to lose weight after pregnancy.
- Take your time
- Eat to lose weight
- Do not crash and burn
- Be realistic
Take your time:
Normally a body needs time to recover after a childbirth. There are so many changes in the body which needs to be recover soon. If you will linger it on it will be hard to recover them. So, first priority after giving birth to a child is to regain, your inner strength and to recover soon by a healthy diet. Take a healthy diet after pregnancy to regain your inner strength and to fulfil the basic needs of a strong body. Do not drop below the minimum number of calories, proteins and fats you need after some time of delivery.
If you are breastfeeding you can’t lose your weight too fast. Very fast routine of losing weight during breastfeeding will cause to produce less milk. Breastfeeding is itself plays an important role in losing weight. Women who breastfeed remains healthy and internally strong. Breastfeeding makes your body to burn calories. It helps to lose weight.
Eat to Lose Weight:
Here under are some healthy tips which will help you to lose weight after pregnancy.
- DO NOT skip regular foods and meals. With a new baby, many new moms forget to eat. If you do not eat, you will have less energy, and it will not help you lose weight.
- Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day with healthy snacks in between (rather than 3 larger meals).
- Make a habit to take breakfast regularly. It will give you energy to start your day and stop you from feeling tired later.
- Slow down. When you take your time eating, you will notice that it is easier to tell that you are full. It is tempting to multitask, but if you focus on your meal, you will be less likely to overeat.
- Add foods with fiber and protein to help keep you full (such as raw bell pepper or carrot with bean dip, apple slices with peanut butter, or a slice of whole-wheat toast with hard-boiled egg). In take the amount of fluid up to 12 cups a day.
- Keep a water bottle near the spot where you usually feed the baby, that way you’ll remember to drink when they do.
- Restrict drinks like sodas, juices, and other fluids with added sugar and calories. They can add up and keep you from losing weight. Avoid artificially sweeteners.
- Prefer fruit over fruit juice. Fruit juices should be taken in control because they can add up extra calories. Whole fruit gives you vitamins and nutrients and contains more fibre, which helps you feel full with fewer calories.
- Choose broiled or baked food. Avoid fried foods.
- Restrict sweets, sugar, saturated fat and trans fats.
Do not Crash and Burn:
Do not go on a crash diet or a fad diet. At first it will help you to control or reduce weight but that would be not reliable. This type of lose weight will meet you again soon.
For most women, pregnancy comes with never ending changes. They face softer belly, larger waistlines and also wider hips. You may not be able to get that ideal physique again. So, make your goals and be realistic.
A healthy diet along with exercise is the best way to shed the pounds after pregnancy. Exercise will help to lose fat instead of muscles. After childbirth exercise is must needed to regain the physical beauty.